Research and Publications
I design every major curricular project with a comprehensive evaluation plan, which allows for program assessment and dissemination of best practices. Here are a number of publications based upon that research.
- Springfield E, Irwin-Smiler A, Gwozdek AE. Transformation Rubric for Engaged Learning: a Tool and Method for Measuring Life-Changing Experiences. International Journal of ePortfolio. 2015; 5(1):63-74
- Springfield E, Irwin-Smiler A, Gwozdek AE. Measuring the impact of curriculum on student transformation. Journal of Dental Education. 2015 Dec; 79(12):1418-1428
- Gwozdek AE, Springfield EC, Kerschbaum WE. ePortfolio: developing a catalyst for critical self-assessment and evaluation of learning outcomes. Journal of allied health . 2013 Jan;42(1):e11–7.
- Springfield E, Gwozdek AE, Peet M, Kerschbaum WE. Using multiple methods to assess learning and outcomes in an online degree-granting dental hygiene program. Journal of dental education . 2012 Apr;76(4):414–26. Winner of the Olav Alvarez Award for Best Article Published in the Journal of Dental Education by a Junior Scholar from the American Dental Education Association
- Gwozdek AE, Springfield EC, Peet MR, Kerschbaum WE. Using online program development to foster curricular change and innovation. Journal of dental education. 2011 Mar;75(3):339–50.
- Springfield EC. PowerPoint Pedagogy: Two Usages, Two Pedagogical Styles. Computers, informatics, nursing : CIN . 2007;25(1):15–9.
- Springfield EC. Comparing electronic and paper portfolios. Electronic portfolios: Emerging practices in student, faculty, and institutional learning. 2001.
- Springfield EC. A major redesign of the Kalamazoo portfolio. Electronic portfolios: Emerging practices in student, faculty, and institutional learning. 2001. p. 53–9.
- Springfield EC, Moeller M.Hanau Articulator Training: Zeroing the Articulator. MedEdPORTAL; 2010. p. 1. Available from: http://services.aamc.org/30/mededportal/servlet/s/segment/mededportal/?subid=8114